Tuesday, August 24, 2004

 

Games on My Radar

Here are the upcoming releases that are on my watch list.

Dog's Life: This is supposed to ship today. Looks like a fun title for all ages as you try to make you way across the country as a canine. Highly anticipated in my household. PS2 $19.99

ESPN NHL2005: 8/30 The latest version of Sega hockey is supposed to beat EA to the shelves by two weeks. I was very happy with last year's version for about a month and then the difficulty problems set in. No, I didn't have trouble scoring. I actually scored too easily on anything but the hardest difficulty, but then could only score one or two ways. The CPU couldn't score at all. Looking forward to an improved game, but have my doubts since it seems all of the pre-release media went to the revamped fighting engine. Xbox and PS2 $19.99

Wings of War: 8/30 Anyone remember an old title on the Amiga that was a WWI flight combat game with a cinematic storyline? I think Cinemaware did the game, but I can't remember the name. Regardless, this game reminds me of that old one and I am interested, but maybe not enought to purchase. It is a bargain title though so the risk is low. Xbox and PC $19.99

Gallop Racer 2004: 8/30 Anyone who is a fan of the series doesn't need me to tell them to buy it. 2003 at up huge chunks of my time and was worth every penny of its price. I'll let you in on a secret. Tecmo only prints limited quantities of this game (they have in the past at least). Most chains get one or two copies in and then its gone. If you find it don't hesitate to buy it because it really holds it's value. 2003 was released in April of 2003 and up until two months ago when 2004's ship date was announced it was still selling on ebay for $45 to$55 because it is so hard to find. It is still selling in the $25 range so your risk is low if you don't like it. I can't guarantee you'll get back you investment, but I would be shocked if you didn't. Oh, I should mention it is a horse racing game/simulation (if you didn't already know) PS2 $49.99

Rapala Pro Fishing: 8/31 Only of interest since I like fishing and fishing games on fun on rainy days. Of the two fishing games being released on this day, this one appears to be the most simulation style. Until the Xbox gets a fishing controller, it just isn't the same as the Dreamcast days. Xbox $29.99

Pro Fishing Challenge: 8/31 This is the one I'll purchase because it has Xbox Live fishing so you can compete/fish with your friends on the virtual lake. I remember Amped 2 being a great relaxing way to spend time with Live buddies and I'm picturing Pro to be the same way. Less simulation than Rapala, but more intriguing for the Live factor. Xbox $29.99

Nascar 2005: Chase for the Cup: 8/31 Rental only. I've never enjoyed EA racing enough to feel justified after purchasing. Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube $49.99

Fable: 9/14 This is what will happen. I'll tell myself rental only and then Blockbuster won't have it so I'll give in and purchase it for $49.99. I'll play it for a week and then it will collect dust. In two months it will be on Blockbuster's shelf every time I visit and I'll wonder why I couldn't wait. I hope it is everything they want it to be. Xbox $49.99

Comments:
ESPN NHL and Wings of War are on my Gamefly list, Gallop Racer and Fable are buys. The new Halflife will probably closet them all for a while, though.

I'm, finally playing my Gamefly'd Psi-Ops, and I like it a lot. Did you finish that one?
 
Oh, and your link to my blog is bad. ;)
 
Argh, fixed the link. Thanks for the heads-up. I still have Psi-Ops, but haven't finished it. It is a very good game though, no?
 
Much better than I was expecting, and I expected to enjoy it.

The TK physics are pretty impressive. I'm just past the fight with the Illusion boss.

I'm already looking forward to all they can do with a sequel.
 
OK Blogger, I was cruising along searching for horse related blogs and came across yours. When I seen the title, Games on My Radar I paused to leave a comment and tell you that you have done well with your creation. I am going to search for some more horse figurine related sites and will be back to visit and finish reading your blog. So untill next time I am off to find more horse figurine stuff. Thank you.
 
Hey Blogger GREAT title Games on My Radar. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com/ related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?