Saturday, September 11, 2004

 

Thoroughly Enjoyable Saturday


My wife and I embarked on our usual book hunts this morning. Pretty slim pickings and we wrapped it up early. We passed by the Laemmle theater in Pasadena and decided to take in a matinee. "Criminal" was the only thing that caught my eye and since my wife and I both like John C. Reilly we decided to watch. The movie is above average and I won't spoil it for you and you can easily find info on it around the web. Reilly continues to impress me. I feel like he is one of those unsung character actors that really make a film. If you want to see some of his other good performances check out Hard Eight, Magnolia, and Good Girl to name just a few.


After the matinee we headed over to Gamestop and they finally had a copy of Dog's Life on the shelf. I grabbed it and will post some impressions in the near future. We ate egg salad sandwiches at Togo's and then went over to the mall to walk around in the air conditioning and digest our lunch. EB was in the mall so I had to pick up the Xbox fishing controller to try out with the excellent Pro Fishing Challenge that I have been playing all week. My wife picked up Sims Hot Date and got irritated when the cashier repeatedly tried to push the presale of Sims 2 on her. I also grabbed a platinum hits copy of Star Wars: KOTR. I never finished my copy when my son took it home with him and I want to try and complete this one since everyone says it is such a great game.


Finally we hit a Vroman's on the way home and each picked up a book. Moneyball by Michael Lewis for me and The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison for her.


Saturdays with my wife are the best.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?