Tuesday, October 05, 2004
Shellshock 'Nam '67 First Impressions
I rented Shellshock last night. It is ok. The ragdoll physics are good. I like that the weapons can be slightly inaccurate even when you have the enemy sighted in. The environments are pretty good and there is lots of places to find cover while always having to watch your flank. Your fellow GI's fight along with you, but it is too early to tell how smart they are.
I don't really like the mission formats of move forward to checkpoint A and blow up the AA gun. Move forward to checkpoint B and search for weapons cache. Move forward to checkpoint C and question villagers about journalist. Move forward to checkpoint D and rescue journalist. Move forward to checkpoint E and search tunnels. All in the same patrol?
At the basecamp between missions you can use your chits (money) to buy postcards (pin-ups), drugs (speed), boom boom (whores) and other items.
Apparently as you gain more time in country you work your towards becoming special forces.
It is a good rental. I don't know if I could recommend a purchase. I'd give the game a preliminary 7 after 3 hours of play.
Sorry for the late reply. I just noticed your comment. Unfortunately I don't have any sliders for 2k3 and I don't have any record of my old ones. You might check Digitalsportspage.com and ask in the forums there. I think there are a couple of guys that still play it. Or try ESPNhockey.net forums.
<< Home

