Wednesday, February 02, 2005

 

Winged Migration



One of the advantages to living in Pasadena is the proximity to the excellent Laemmle theater. This small chain shows critically acclaimed major releases, foreign films, and independent films that are well off the beaten path. Most of our movie money is spent in Laemmle theaters and we really love having them so close.

It is there that we first saw Winged Migration last year. It is a very visual documentary. There is little narration and little music. People that I know that have seen it have different reactions and I will not predict yours. Some are amazed. Some disinterested. For me, this film is very soothing and uplifting. It also reaffirms my belief in the Creator. I cannot gaze upon these creatures and not think of Him. The film makes no arguments for or against my beliefs. An evolutionist could say the same thing about their beliefs after seeing this film. We all "choose" to believe what we believe.

I urge you to see (rent or buy) this film if you have not already. It is very special and holds something for everyone. And if you have children take them too. I think they will be amazed by the birds.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?